Friday, December 28, 2018

December Cancer Update


I had another CT scan right before Christmas this year. The good news and blessing of good health continues with good results. 
This is a comparison from 9-28-18 scan to 12-21-18:


As of my most recent scan only 3 tumors are being watched. One is near my R psoas muscle,one in Peritoneal region and one in the vaginal cuff. These tumors continue to get smaller each visit!!!

R psoas: 9-28-18 was 13.9 x 11.9 mm   12-21-18 scan: 12.8 x 12.0 mm  Peritoneal nodule was 12.9 x 11.8 mm   12-21-18 11.9 x 10.5 mmVaginal cuff- hard to see on scan 
I had another Prolia shot to help with my bone strength. Luckily I don't have side effects from this one!I also had a DEXA scan but have not received results yet. My CA-125 is currently a 10 and seems to stay around 9 or 10! 
The past 2 rounds of Chemo have been a little more challenging with more fatigue and joint pain (knees, ankles, and back). I think it may be due to the cold weather (temps have been in the 20's) and the business of the holidays. My hair has stayed pretty strong but has slowed down growing. I continue to focus on clean eating, exercise and decreasing my stress level. I have been also dealing with the side effects from lack of estrogen and having some bowel difficulties. The condition I have is called levator ani syndrome. I have some difficulty and pain going to the bathroom but once I started doing pelvic floor relaxation exercises it has helped a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment