Disneyland Surprise
I wanted to go to Disneyland again this Spring to celebrate living another year and we thought we would mix it up this year by surprising the kids.
I had purchased a good package deal back in November and was thrilled to be going again! On the morning of March 6th we acted like we were doing our normal routine, getting ready for school and work. We told the kids that dad was going to drop mom off at the airport for a work trip and then they would go to school. They were dressed up in Disney attire and all their luggage was pre-packed in the car. We drove to the airport parking shuttle and Aubrie asked why I had so much luggage that we had to take and why did I need a stroller. We told her we were just bringing all these things so the girls could say goodbye to me at the airport. Once we got to the airport and were waiting for the luggage check in to open, we recorded the girls reaction when we told them that "We are actually going to Disneyland today!!!!" Both girls looked at us kind of confused and Aubrie said "ya right, you are just tricking us". When she started to realize we really were going today she was so excited and kept hugging us and made sure that we packed her swimming suit.
We had some extra time to explore once we arrived in California and spent some time at Downtown Disney. Unfortunately it was raining super hard and we got soaked just walking from store to store so we went back to the hotel where the kids went swimming in the rain.
Day 1 of Disneyland we got an early start because the park was closing early due to a 90's night event.
Jeff even wore his Mickey visor he had when he was a little kid for 90's night.
Being at Disneyland is my happy place and even though we have been there quite a few times over the past few years, just knowing I am healthy enough to enjoy a day there gives me hope and happiness. I love watching the excitement and magical environment that I see in Aubrie and Brynnley's eyes when we are in the Parks.
We had fun meeting all the characters and getting their pictures/autographs.
We even got to meet the most important person....Mickey Mouse







































No comments:
Post a Comment