On December 30, 2015 I completed my 6th and final round of chemotherapy. I decided to do the IP chemo one last time and boy was it tough. I was extremely sick and weak and ended up having to have a blood transfusion due to low red blood cells. I was so bloated after each of the IP chemo rounds and felt like I gained 10 lbs due to all the fluid and chemo put into my stomach.
Even though Chemo was complete, I still had to get the Nulasta shot the following day due to my white blood cell count not looking so good and me being at a high risk for infection and hospitalization.
My CA-125 blood marker continues to stay in the normal range but varies from 16-20. As long as it stays below 35, I will be happy.
Me hitting the 'graduation gong' at Huntsman on my last day.
Now the plan is to have a my ports removed in December and have a CT scan in January and follow-up with Dr. Beck for CA 125 levels and with Dr. Zempolich for exams every 3 months.


No comments:
Post a Comment