- March in Flagstaff was still filled with snow and lots of it, but at least it kept the Ski Resort (Snowbowl) here in Flagstaff busy. Since Jeff works in the rental shop he gets a free season pass and can also get VIP passes a few times a month, so I was lucky enough to take advantage of free snowboarding a few times this month.
-We went to Utah for my spring break and for Jeff's birthday. We had a busy busy trip trying to look for apartments, jobs, and see all of our family during the week. Needless to say, we were in high demand. Here are some pics from Jeff's 3 birthday parties, talk about spoiled :) He had his real b-day lunch at his favorite pizza place the Pie in South Jordan, then we had a surprise party at his parents house. His parents told him that they decided to take him to dinner at Golden Corral (not one of his favs) so he was pretty sad, but then we started driving towards Texas Roadhouse and he figured it out and was super happy to get his steak and rolls! Then Friday my family and grandparents all came to my parents house and had another party with lots of good food.
-Besides snowboarding and Utah, all I did was go to school everyday and Jeff worked when he had some.
APRIL:
-We started the month with Easter/Conference weekend. We were bummed that Conference was not on TV this year so we had to listen to it over the internet, which made it much harder to concentrate! We also decided to dye some eggs for fun since we are poor right now.
-Jeff finished working at the Snowbowl because their season is over :( We were able to go snowboarding last friday because Jeff didnt have work and I was out of school for the day. It was 60 degrees up there and awesome. Towards the afternoon the snow got really slushy so we decided to call it a day. Last weekend was supposed to be the Snowbowl's last weekend, but they decided to re-open this weekend too! I am hoping to be able to get one last day in cause its so much fun!!
This guy was a crazy!! He was playing the sax while skiing down the run, but he could only play one note!
-I am overwhelmed right now with school. Since this is my last academic semester in school the teachers seem to think we have nothing else to do besides homework, poster presentations, and case studies on top of studying for tests especially our comprehensive which will cover the last 2 years of classes!! Almost every single day the teachers give us busy work assignments or big projects and I am getting frustrated with it all. This semester I was also able to treat a lady with a Traumatic Brain Injury in our neuro clinic. It was a great experience and fun but once again just another thing to do. Also something cool is that my name is going to be published on the Arizona Falls website because I am working on a research project looking at the prevelence of Balance screening of elderly in Assisted living centers in AZ.
-Another stresser right now is trying to get my internships lined up for next year. I wanted to get all of them in Utah so that we can move home and settle in there, but pretty much it has been a disaster. The first 3 internships are set and my last one has been a challenge because 5 places have decided last minute that they dont want students or already have them from the U. Our choices are due tommorrow and I am just praying that I get my last one in Utah.
-We are getting ready to move home and are sooooo excited!! We are planning to move during Memorial weekend when my parents come down. I am excited for them to be able to come see the fun places that we have been able to discover here in Flagstaff.
Anyway, I will try to keep up with posting but probably not til after finals (1st week in May)
-Another stresser right now is trying to get my internships lined up for next year. I wanted to get all of them in Utah so that we can move home and settle in there, but pretty much it has been a disaster. The first 3 internships are set and my last one has been a challenge because 5 places have decided last minute that they dont want students or already have them from the U. Our choices are due tommorrow and I am just praying that I get my last one in Utah.
-We are getting ready to move home and are sooooo excited!! We are planning to move during Memorial weekend when my parents come down. I am excited for them to be able to come see the fun places that we have been able to discover here in Flagstaff.
Anyway, I will try to keep up with posting but probably not til after finals (1st week in May)
No comments:
Post a Comment